Meter values are of great importance in order to be able to represent consumptions. They are also important in order to be able to perform certain analyses. For various user groups it is important to continuously receive the energy consumption as well as the CO2 emissions.
In some buildings only analog meters are available, so that the meter values cannot be collected automatically. Here, the aedifion platforms depend on the assistance of the user.
In the Asset Cockpit, only meters that are relevant for billing should be recorded for a relevant recording of consumption. Ideally, these should be the main meters of a building.
Step 1 - Create meter¶
Figure 1: List of manually created meters
Figure 2: Input prompts for information on new manual counters
To create a meter:
- Click on "Add analog meter" or if there are no meters yet "Create meter".
- Assign any name, it will appear in the list of meters and components in the Operations Cockpit.
- Select type. Gas, heat, cooling or electricity meters can be created.
- (optional) Enter number. This field is optional. The meter number of the supplier can be entered here.
- (optional) Enter CO2 emission factor (e.g. "0.85"). This is needed to determine the emissions. It can be found in the billing statement of the energy supplier. If no value is entered, the analysis uses an industry standard value.
- Selection if billing relevant. Only meters relevant for billing are used for the consumption analysis.
- (optional) Enter energy price (e.g. "0.55"). This is needed to be able to determine the emissions. It can be found in the billing of the energy supplier. If no value is entered, the analysis uses an industry standard value.
Step 2 - Enter meter readings¶
Figure 3: Input screen for meter readings
- Click “+”
- Select date
- Enter meter reading
- To start an analysis enter at least two counter readings from two different months
Step 3 - Calculate KPIs¶
Figure 4: Overview of manually entered meter readings of a meter
- To start an analysis, enter at least two counter readings from two different months.
- Click "Calculate KPIs”
- Wait. It may take a few minutes to calculate the energy costs, CO2 emissions and energy consumption.
- Reload page